I am following in Media and the corridors of power the saga of inharmonious inter-Services relationship . S P Gaur’s post (Why IAS alone is targeted, WIC March 3 ) is thought provoking. I have the highest regard for IAS officers, the distant cousins of the ICS. Of late, however, the elite Service is becoming an oligarchy, out of sync with ground reality. Creating artificial hierarchy has led to simmering discontentment, a rebellion of sort, in other services ( IPS, IRS etc) slowing-down the services delivery mechanism. Discrimination starts at the beginning. Giving a 2 year initial edge to IAS officers over the less-fortunately circumstanced is arbitrary, irrational, discriminatory and bad in law, causing recurring damage to others. No one seems to bother due to vested interests, DOP&T, the least of all. Having served in UPSC, holding a sensitive position, I firmly believe that the system of recruitment through the Civil Services Exam (laid down by DOP&T and followed by UPSC) is faulty and leaves much to be desired. No wonder, there is increasing decline in the quality of candidates selected into civil services. After retirement, I had tendered evidence and suggestions before a high –powered committee in UPSC for changing the format of examination. The Status quo bias. PM Modi is popularly known as civil servants’ Prime Minister. This is a wake-up call. He is urged to take a close look to over-haul the system. Grievance-redressal and ensuring quality intake into civil services should be priority concerns. My motive is not to hurt anyone. If someone feels hurt due to difference of opinions, my apologies in advance.

Preston Seligson
Preston SeligsonUnited States
3/22/2018 9:26:20 AM#

Thank you so much for the great article, it was fluent and to the point. Cheers.

Terica Nickenberry
Terica NickenberryUnited States
5/24/2018 4:45:20 AM#

Thanks for the suggestions about credit repair on your web-site. Some tips i would offer as advice to people is to give up the mentality they can buy right now and pay later. As being a society we all tend to do that for many issues. This includes family vacations, furniture, as well as items we really want to have. However, you have to separate the wants from the needs. As long as you're working to raise your credit score make some sacrifices. For example you can shop online to economize or you can check out second hand suppliers instead of high priced department stores intended for clothing.

Colton Dudney
Colton DudneyUnited States
6/30/2018 9:19:33 AM#

Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in you own urine?

Free Auto Approve List 7-2-2018
Free Auto Approve List 7-2-2018United States
7/4/2018 8:37:51 AM#

I hope you all have a great week. I've added a new list. This is the biggest list so far.

Mirella Hulick
Mirella HulickUnited States
7/7/2018 3:25:43 PM#

I got what you mean,saved to fav, very decent site. I have been checking out many of your stories and i can state pretty

Eartha Ghanayem
Eartha GhanayemUnited States
7/9/2018 2:40:06 PM#

good stuff. I will make sure to bookmark your blog.